Hublot – Spirit of Big Bang for Bruce Lee17 December 2015
The Spirit of Big Bang celebrating 75 years of Bruce Lee’s spirit. A limited edition timepiece and a memorial exhibition to praise a legend
Hong Kong, November 28th – 2015 is a special year. It is Bruce Lee’s 75th birthday anniversary celebration. To commemorate the martial artist and his exclusive philosophy, Hublot has invited the Bruce Lee Foundation to participate in the design of the “Legend Never Dies: Bruce Lee 75th anniversary Memorial Exhibition” and the limited edition “Spirit of Big Bang for Bruce Lee”.
Divided in two parts, the exhibition was held at the Gateway Arcade in Harbour City – HK and open to the public from November 23rd to 29th.
“Retrospective of movies and treasures of Bruce Lee”
The theme is Bruce Lee’s iconic colours: yellow and black. The exhibition featured five sets of Bruce Lee’s iconic pieces provided by the Foundation.
– His tang-style kung fu jacket recalling his silhouette of grandmaster.
– Bruce Lee personal genuine copy of the “Way of the Dragon” script, this film was originally titled “Enter the Dragon”, the script reflects the original titles
– “The Game of Death” script cover, scene breakdown and sketches, handwritten and drawn by Bruce Lee, illustrating his vision of the pagoda
– The copy of the life mask of Kato in “The Green Hornet”. The movie that started Bruce Lee’s Hollywood movie career.
– The name card of Bruce Lee Martial Art Studio, in which Jeet Kune Do’s philosophy was carried forward.
Thanks to its innovative approach, Hublot created the « Mirror Bruce Lee ». A cylindrical glass photo frame featuring Bruce Lee’s classic kung fu postures. Made of glass fragments, it plays on 3D special effects, integrating the Hublot chronograph movement and Bruce Lee in the same time and space.
Spirit of Big Bang Limited Edition for Bruce Lee 75th Anniversary – A Memorial Watch
Inspired by the dragon pattern on Bruce Lee’s desk, this tribute possesses the spirit of the martial legend and the pure DNA of Hublot. A limited edition of 75 pieces, featuring a tonneau case in all-black microblasted ceramic. The timepiece is fitted with HUB4700 – an automatic winding skeletonized movement with a 50-hour power reserve. The date display window is at 4:30 and the chronograph displays seconds at 9 o’clock, minutes at 3 o’clock and hours at 6 o’clock. Recalling Bruce Lee’s iconic colours, the strap is made of black and gold alligator leather sewn on natural rubber.